ENGLISH Reading COURSE I:
Minimum entrance level: B1 (Placement test)
Course duration: 8 Classes ( 16 hours)
Class frequency: 2 classes/week
- Objective 1: Develop key reading sub-skills such as identifying the main ideas of passages.
- Objective 2: Identify basic genres (fiction, nonfiction, etc.)
- Objective 3: Develop vocabulary of items in texts through focused class activities; understanding the meaning of words, their definitions, and their context.
- Objective 4: Identify grammar tenses and their use, and identifying language used; improve accuracy in basic usage of high-frequency language items.
- Objective 5: Develop the ability to identify functions of sentences (e.g. add information, compare, contrast, explain, give a cause, give an effect, etc.)
- Objective 6: Develop detailed reading skills through answering comprehension questions and the finding of information in texts.
Course fees: 1200 EGP