GUC Admission Steps
- The student must complete the online application.
- After filling in the online application, the student will get an application number.
- Once the student fills in the online application , s/he will receive an email “
admission test invitation email “ , where s/he will be required to reserve the admission test session online ( Please note that the German Schools’ graduates as well as students graduated from Germany are exempted from the admission tests )
- The student will receive a confirmation for her/his test session date and time.
- The student MUST follow the instructions written in the test confirmation email
2. GUC Admission test
GUC Philosophy is to build on points of strength in students. This will be reflected in the evaluation process of applicants, which includes in addition to the final high school scores-the GUC Admission Exams which consist of:
o GUC Reasoning Test:
o GUC Computerized English Language Test:
Questions are classified into categories according to their types namely: verbal comprehension and relationships, induction, facts and results, deduction and discovery
Made up of 3 sections: language use, reading comprehension, and listening comprehension. It aims at finding out whether the student can study without difficulty in a university where the language of instruction is English; in other words whether the students can understand lectures delivered in English, and read textbooks and lecture notes written in English.
Those who do not pass the test will have the chance to repeat the test only one more time for free.
On the date of the Admission test, the student MUST arrive at the University at least ONE HOUR before the Session Time in order to complete the registration process for the test; the student should head to the Admission Office upon arrival and bring the following documents with him/her:
o Copy/original of birth certificate
o Student’s ID card or passport + a copy ( no student will be allowed to enter the admission exam unless he/she has an identification card)
o Copy of legal guardian’s ID or passport
o Test fees 650 LE non refundable.
o Copy of final High school certificate ( if available )
For students applying for the Applied Sciences and Arts Faculty / Design Programs only:
Submission of a Portfolio of Artistic Work, the On-campus drawing / Aptitude Test and Personal Interview
Applicants will receive an email from the Admission Office to continue with the next
step in the admission process for the faculty of Applied Sciences and Arts, which will be the submission of the portfolio and the On-campus Aptitude Test and interview.
Students are kindly requested to choose a session and stick carefully to the instructions and requirements written in the “Portfolio submission and Aptitude Test invitation” email. Students will not be allowed to enter the exam without submission of the Portfolio of Artistic Work according to the requirements written in the email.
The Aptitude test as well as the interview at GUC will be supervised by GUC staff. Applicants going through the On-campus Aptitude Test will also be requested to do a one-on-one interview with an appointed committee member to discuss the applicants work and mutual expectations from the future study plans.
For students applying for the Civil or Architecture Study Programs:
Applicants who wish to study in the Civil Engineering Study program or in the Architecture Engineering Program must:
o Select their intended study group from the beginning at the time of application for admission to GUC.
o Fulfill all admission requirements for the selected study program.
admission and selection criteria.
3. For Program of Law and Legal Studies
For students applying for the program of Law and Legal Studies, Passing the Arabic proficiency exam and interpersonal skills assessment is a Must for Admission
4. Certificate Evaluation, Study Offer and Categories
Students who have received their High School results are required to bring originals or at least copies of their High School Certificate(s) result for evaluation in order to receive the Final Study Offer and the tuition category.
Please note that the university will not be held responsible for any student, who pays without receiving the Study offer (conditional or final) from the admission office.
It should be clear that the original documents are required for final approval and registration at GUC by the Council for Private Universities Ministry of Higher Education
)مكتب القبول الجامعات الخاصة – وزارة التعليم العالي (
announced and any incomplete file will lead to incomplete registration at GUC.
Please be informed that submitting a document of higher SAT score (for the American Diploma students) or a new sitting (for the IGCSE students) to the Admission Office during the university study will not change the student’s evaluation or financial Category.
Upon receiving the Study Offer (Conditional or final), the student is required to go immediately to the Students Financial Affairs Office to collect the Payment Order for the down payment before the deadline.
The student will proceed to the Bank for payment and will return the Bank Deposit slip to the Students’ Financial Affairs Office before the deadline date if the payment was made in another branch than the GUC – CIB branch.
**(Payments are not considered without submitting the bank slip)
Egyptian students with dual nationality, who choose to join the university as non- Egyptian students will have to pay the tuition fees in Euros according to the regulation of the non-Egyptian students (changing your nationality during your study period at GUC
will not be accepted).
6. Issue of Student ID and GUC email account
After paying the down payment, the student will proceed to receive his/her ID and the GUC email account.
To issue the final University ID, all of the following steps must have been fulfilled:
o passed the admission tests
o evaluated and accepted
o received the Final Study Offer
o paid down payment
o submitted a recent photo (not older than one year)
No student will be allowed to reserve a Placement Diagnostic exam session unless his/her photo is submitted.
Students will receive their ID’s as well as the GUC email account on the same day of the Placement Diagnostic exam.
After receiving the Final Study Offer and paying the down payment, students are required to take the GUC Placement Diagnostic exam to find out their level of Academic skills proficiency and the corresponding level of English and Scientific method class they will attend during their normal course of study in their first academic year at GUC.
Also students who have any background or knowledge of the German Language and want to skip the introductory level,must take another German Placement Test.
0. English & Scientific Method Placement Exam
- No student will be eligible to reserve a Placement Diagnostic exam session unless s/he has paid and has submitted a photo.
- After receiving the Final Study Offer and paying the down payment, students are required to take the GUC Placement Diagnostic exam to find out their level of Academic skills proficiency and the corresponding level of English and Scientific method class they will attend during their normal course of study in their first academic year at GUC.
- Exam sessions will be announced during each admission season.
- The student will schedule her/himself for the Placement Diagnostic exam
session through the English & Scientific Method Department, through the call center, or through using the online link. The student can schedule her/himself for any of the announced sessions based on availability, i.e.
first come first served.
- Kindly note that taking the Placement Diagnostic exam early may help
exempt the students of one of their Academic Skills courses (Academic English) and if not will offer them the chance to take it during the summer of admission in order to start at a higher level, thereby easing their study load during their first academic year.
- Registration for the test will be through using the student ID. (No student without the final GUC ID will be allowed to take the Placement Diagnostic exam)
- The Placement Diagnostic exam is computerized except for the writing part and is made up of sections similar to those of the English admission exam with varying levels of difficulty.
- The Placement Diagnostic exam places fully accepted students into one of two levels: the Study Skills and Scientific Methodology level and the Academic level.
In the Study Skills and Scientific Methodology level, students will study four credit subjects over a two year span. The four credit subjects are: Academic Study Skills, Critical Thinking & Scientific Methodology, Research Paper Writing, and Communication and Presentation Skills.
In the Academic level, the students study an extra non-credit subject as a
prerequisite to studying the four credit subjects. The prerequisite subject, Academic English, in addition to the four credit subjects are also planned over a two year span.
- Students who are placed in the Academic English Level will have the chance to attend the summer Academic English course free of charge (exact course duration will be announced during each admission season), in order to complete it before the start of the Winter semester for new students. For registering for this summer Academic English course please contact the English & Scientific Method
- German Placement Exam (optional)
- All students admitted to GUC must take 4 mandatory Levels of German language (DE 1, DE 2, DE 3 and DE 4) during their first 4 semesters at GUC. Each German Course (4 hrs.) is awarded 2 Credit Points, which will be included in the calculation of the season’s GPA. All students have to successfully pass a Level 4 proficiency exam.
- Students, who are applying to GUC and who have any background or knowledge of the German Language, should state their knowledge level of the German language in their online application (ex. Excellent, good or fair).
- These Students will receive an invitation e-mail for the German Language Placement Test where they can reserve a place in one of the offered
- The German Language Placement Test dates are to be announced. The
Placement Test is a computerized exam.
- Students who will sit for the German Placement test will receive the result
by email. Those who will be placed, after their placement exam, in a level higher than DE 4 will be signed up to the next available Final exam of DE 4.
- The German placement test is not a compulsory exam and skipping it will place the student automatically in the beginners’ course of the German Language.(DE1)